The Board of Just Life Group (‘the Group’) has been appointed by the shareholders to guide and monitor the business of the Group and is responsible for the overall corporate governance of the Group.
The Board is committed to ensuring that the Group adheres to the best practice governance principles and maintains the highest ethical standards. The best practice principles which the Group considers in its governance approach are the New Zealand Exchange (NZX) Listing Rules and the NZX Corporate Governance Code.
The Board comprises five directors. Three directors are independent directors in accordance with the NZX Listing Rules.
The Board represents an appropriate mix of skills, expertise, and independence to represent the shareholders’ interests.
- Tony Falkenstein is the CEO, an Executive Director and Founder of Just Life Group.
- Phil Norman is the Chair, an Independent Director, and a member of both the Audit and Risk Committee and the People and Culture Committee.
- Richard Carver is an Independent Director, Chair of the Audit and Risk Committee, and a member of the People and Culture Committee.
- Lynne Jacobs is a Non-executive Director and the Chair of the People and Culture Committee.
- Steve Bayliss is an Independent Director and a member of both the Audit and Risk Committee and the People and Culture Committee.
- Jacinta Taliauli is a ‘Future Director’ under the Institute of Directors Future Director Program. This position is not a director as defined by the Companies Act 1993.